Lawsuit Silliness Never Ends!
For further consideration, more lawsuit silliness. Only a free an open legal system could produce these gems.
* A Michigan woman filed a $500,000 lawsuit after a beautician nicked her finger during a $5 fingernail repair.
* A Panama City Beach, Florida couple sued McDonald’s claiming an improperly prepared bagel damaged the husband’s teeth and ruined their marriage.
* A Cincinnati man sued the Bengals football team and the National Football League claiming the team violated its stadium lease by failing to field a “competitive” team.
* A high school baseball pitcher in Pittsfield, Illinois who was hit by a line drive is suing the maker of the baseball bat.
* A cleaner from Grand Haven, Michigan stole what she thought was a large candle from the condominium she cleaned. Later, while at a restaurant with friends, she lit the ‘candle’. The candle was in fact a huge firecracker and the woman was severely injured. She sued the condominium owners for not putting a warning on it. The condo owners say they had put the huge firecracker in a cupboard out of the reach of children after it had been left at their house after a party.
* In Michigan a prisoner sued the prison service for his flatulence. The inmate said that his wind was caused by the food he was being served.
* An employee of a hospital was smacked in the head while she was being pushed in a wheel chair through an entrance ramp that was not intended for wheelchair access. She sued the makers of the gate for her injuries. The jury found that the makers of the gate were not at fault, other employees of the hospital said that the ramp was not intended for wheelchair access.
* A Louisiana woman made national and international headlines when she filed suit against Wal-Mart over what she claims was a much-too-close encounter of the furry kind. According to the lawsuit, the woman ran over her own foot with a shopping carter after being startled by a large rat-tailed rodent described as “Norman the Nutria.” As a result of the injuries she allegedly sustained during the incident, she’s suing for pain, suffering, mental anguish, fear, disabling injuries, and past, present and future medical expenses.
I hope the silliness made you giggle. If we don’t laugh, we will certainly cry.
Thank You For Your Consideration,
The Graham Ten